Please be aware that the information that you receive on this website is not intended to replace a diagnosis or treatment by a licensed Medical professional.
Maya Natural Health is a professional natural medicine clinic which places patient care, comfort and safety first.
Guidelines and Regulations
We operate under the ethical and procedural guidelines and regulations set out by:
- The National Institute of Medical Herbalists UK (www.nimh.org.uk)
- The American Herbalist Guild (www.americanherbalistsguild.com)
- Health Canada Natural Health Products Directorate
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act through the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (PIPEDA)(http://www.priv.gc.ca)
- Maya Natural Health is committed to protecting our clients’ personal information. Personal information is any information that identifies you as an individual and includes information such as your name, address, credit information and email address.
- We do not automatically gather personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or address. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily by contacting us.
- Any personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act of Canada. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Client information is not disclosed to anyone except our own personnel who require the information to respond to a request.
- Maya Natural Health will only collect, use or disclose personal information with your consent, except as required by law.
- Consent may be oral, written, expressed (e.g. providing your personal information on an application form) or implied (e.g. not withdrawing your consent to a certain use of your personal information when given the opportunity to do so).
- You can at any time withdraw your consent for Maya Natural Health to collect, use and disclose your personal information, subject to legal restrictions.
- Maya Natural Health maintains security standards and procedures intended to safeguard your personal information.
- Your file is kept at the offices of Maya Natural Health only. Only those Maya Natural Health employees, agents and authorized service providers who need your personal information to do their jobs are given access to your personal information.
- Maya Natural Health does not release personal information about you to anyone other than as described herein, unless you request or authorize it, or if it is required by law to disclose the information.
- Maya Natural Health will try to ensure that the personal information collected and used is accurate and, where necessary, updated. You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate information about you in our possession.
- Your personal information will only be kept as long as it is needed or as required by law.
- It is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information or to consent to Maya Natural Health obtaining personal information about you from third parties. If you choose not to provide the requested personal information or consents, Maya Natural Health will be limited in its ability to provide you with effective products and services.
- If you want to access the personal information Maya Natural Health has about you, please contact us directly.
- You may not download or save any image(s) from this website for any reason.
- All content on this website is the intellectual property of Bev Maya and Maya Natural Health unless otherwise stated